I scream…you scream…we all scream for ice cream! It’s summertime, and what better way to celebrate the season and beat the heat than to stop by the P.D. Brown branch and pick up a cool take & make kit? Each kit will explore the science and history behind America’s favorite frozen treat. And each kit will include instructions and supplies to create an ice cream craft masterpiece.
Kits can be picked up during regular business hours at the P. D. Brown Branch. Curbside pickup is also available upon request. To make a curbside request, please call the P. D. Brown Library at 301-645-2864. One-hour advance notice is needed for curbside kit requests.
After enjoying your kit, please take time to fill out our online Program Survey (a mobile-friendly version can be found here) so we may better serve you.
We encourage participants to share their finished artwork by sending a photo to: pdbrownref[at]ccplonline[dot]org.
You may also check out our CCPL catalog for more children’s resources on cool and tasty summer treats and recipes, such as:
- Ice Cream: Before The Store by Jan Bernard
- The Scoop on Ice Cream by Catherine Ipcizade
- Should I Share My Ice Cream? by Mo Willems
- If You Give A Mouse A Brownie by Laura Numeroff
- The Little Ice Cream Truck by Margery Cuyler
- Saffron Ice Cream by Rashin Kheiriyeh
- Ice Cream Summer by Peter Sis
- Paletero Man by Lucky Diaz
- Ice Cream Cones for Sale! by Elaine Greenstein
- The Ice Cream King by Steve Metzger
- Splat the Cat: I Scream for Ice Cream by Rob Scotton
- Rose’s Ice Cream Bliss by Rose Levy Beranbaum
- The Perfect Scoop: Ice Creams, Sorbets, Granitas and Sweet Accompaniments by David Lebovitz
- Van Leeuwen Artisan Ice Cream: Classic Flavors and New Favorites, 100 Recipes
- Made in Brooklyn by Laura O’Neil, Ben Van Leeuwen and Pete Van Leeuwen
- No-Churn Ice Cream: Over 100 Simply Delicious No-Machine Frozen Treats by Leslie Bilderback
Unless otherwise noted and/or linked, all images were taken during the making of this blog.