Come to Charles County Public Library for your small business needs!
4 ways to use the library for your business:
1) Use one of our online business databases:
• Business Source Premier- full-text of more than 2,200 business research journals; market research, industry and country reports; company profiles; and SWOT analyses
• Encyclopedia of Small Business- how-to information that entrepreneurs can apply to their own business
• Lynda.com- leading online learning platform covering business, technology and creative skills.
• Regional Business News- full text for nearly 100 regional U.S. and Canadian business publications
• U.S. Census Bureau's American Fact Finder-housing, population, economic and geographic data
2) Browse information available in our Business Center (Group Room 1 at Waldorf West) including:
• Charles County Chamber of Commerce Directory
• Small Business Administration (SBA) Resource Guide for Small Business
• Business structures, small business organizations, and where to find demographic and market research
• Small business resources and loan opportunities available through Charles County, the Internal Revenue Service, and the College of Southern Maryland.
3) Attend one of our small business workshops, some of our most recent workshops include:
• Celebrate Black Business Month
• Social Media Magic
• Visual Literacy: A Graphic Design Crash Course
• IRS Small Business Resource Start-up Tips
• Business Plans for Small Businesses and Nonprofits
• Small Business Start-up Resources
4) Book one of our many Meeting Rooms for your next business meeting, training, or conference!
Check out some of these online resources for starting and growing your small business! Interested in getting on our small business outreach email list? Please email firstname.lastname@example.org.
How to Start a Business in Maryland
SCORE Online Workshops
SCORE Southern Maryland
IRS Small Business Online Learning
Small Business Webinars
SBA Learning Center
Rural Business Innovation Initiative (RBI2)
Small Business Development Center- Southern Region (SBDC)
University of Maryland's School of Business
CANCELED MBE Certification Workshop
Celebrate Black Business Month