Charles County Public Library’s mission is to acquire and make available information, books and other library materials that closely match the needs of our service community, the residents of Charles County.
The Outreach Services Department supports this mission by providing in home delivery of books, materials, and programs to those who are unable to travel to a branch. The Outreach Services Van is on the road 20 days of the month serving individuals and groups in Charles County.
Monthly services currently offered by the Outreach Department include:
- Homebound Services- Materials are provided and delivered to individuals that are homebound and unable to visit a library branch due to illness or disability.
- Storytime Programs - These programs are offered to childcare providers and centers licensed through the Office of Child Care Licensing& Regulations. These are also available to public and private schools, Head Start and preschool classrooms that meet the age and child requirements.
- Lending Library deposit collection sites- These sites are located in institutions, senior centers, community centers and post offices in rural areas of Charles County.
Staff will make every attempt to accommodate requests for library and educational programs. Examples include, but not limited to:
- Library information booth
- Children’s Program
- Book discussions and Book talks
- General presentation on library resources and service
- School visits
- Career day program