Get books from other libraries!
Marina, the state-wide interlibrary loan service, is an online catalog of materials owned by all the public libraries in Maryland. Marina allows you to request materials not owned by your local public library from another Maryland library system. Customers can search for and request many of these items themselves, or a Library staff member can assist.
- Before requesting books from libraries outside Southern Maryland, please make sure that you have searched COSMOS.
- Accounts with $24.99 or more in fees will not be permitted to place inter-library loan requests.
- If you have any questions about MARINA please ask a librarian for assistance.
Materials That May Not Be Requested
- Most outside libraries will not loan media items, e.g. CDs, DVDs, books-on-CD, etc.
- Entire magazine issues. If there’s a specific article that you’d like, please ask a librarian.
- Bestsellers or recently published items.
Effective immediately, there is now a three-item per person, per business day, request limit on all Inter-Library Loan (ILL) materials.