Citizens for the Charles County Public Library, Inc.
THE CITIZENS FOR THE CHARLES COUNTY PUBLIC LIBRARY, INC. USED BOOKSTORE IS NOW OPEN AND ACCEPTING DONATIONS!
Books donations will be accepted Saturdays from 9am to 4pm, and Wednesdays by appointment only. Appointments can be made by calling 301.934.9001 ext 122.
Who We Are
Citizens for the Charles County Public Library, Inc. (C4CCPL) is a non-profit, all volunteer group dedicated to expand public awareness and support for the Charles County, Maryland, Public Library system. With membership support from the community, we assist the library in many of its endeavors. C4CCPL sponsors activities, raises funds, and promotes the library as a cultural, educational, informational and recreational asset to Southern Maryland. The funds raised by our activities help supplement the library’s budget by purchasing items not included in their operating budget by Charles County. Since our inception in June, 2002, we have provided more than a Quarter of a Million dollars in funds to the Charles County Libraries.
- To increase community awareness of and support for our public library system.
- To stimulate utilization of library services and resources.
- To encourage gifts, endowments and memorials to the library.
- To increase membership in our organization, so that we may build a larger and more vocal constituency for increased financial support of the library system.
The Citizens for the Charles County Public Library Spring Used Book Bazaar will be April 22nd – 29th, 2023 with Members Day on Friday, April 21st.
Monday – Thursday 10:00am to 6:00pm
Closed on Sunday
Book Donations Guidelines for CCPL and Citizens for the Charles County Public Library, Inc.
Donations are accepted on Saturdays from 9am to 4pm, and Wednesdays by appointment only. Appointments can be made by calling 301.934.9001 ext 122.
Sorry, but we cannot use the following items: (They just do not sell.)
- VHS Tapes
- Audio Books on Cassettes
- Magazines or Textbooks
- Reader’s Digest Condensed Books
- National Geographic Magazines
- Books or Encyclopedias older than 5 years
- Items with mold or mildew
Do you BUY Audiobooks, DVDs and Blu-Rays? Do you watch them once and stick them on a shelf?
Consider donating them to your favorite library branch or to C4CCPL.
Share the entertainment and get a tax deduction!
Donations are $$ TAX DEDUCTIBLE $$!
If you would like a tax receipt, please count how many of each category (paperbacks, hardbacks, DVDs, etc) you have brought for donation.
Volunteers are needed to accept donations, sort and shelve books on Wednesdays and Saturdays. Please call Ann Chess at 301/259-4615 for more information.
Old, unusable materials may be taken to the Charles County Landfill at 12305 Billingsley Road East, Monday – Saturday 7:30am – 4:00pm.
Why should you become a member of Citizens for the Charles County Public Library, Inc.?
- Enjoy a membership discount on Premium books at the Used-Book Store anytime.
- Receive advance notice of Citizens Used-Book Store Specials and Book Bazaars.
- Enjoy Members Preview Day prior to each Book Bazaar. Get first pick!
- Receive 5 FREE BOOKS at every Book Bazaar.
- We now have more than 900 members! Have you joined yet?
Officers and Support Staff
- President – Jeannie Ping
- 1st VP – Bertha O’Neal
- 2nd VP – Barbara Sheridan
- Secretary – Amy Peregoy
- Treasurer – Jeff Humbert
- Officer-at-Large – Barbara Montgomery
- Executive Director – KennethWayne Thompson
- Publicity – Bertha O’Neal
- Web Page – Raymond Reed and Marianne Meador
- Gifts, Endowments, and Memorials – Development Manager – email Development Manager
Totes are a large size and sell for only $2.00 + tax.
Bags are available at any Charles County Library Branch.
Very handy for carrying your library books and your purchased books from the Citizens for the Charles County Public Library, Inc. Used-Book Store.
(These make great grocery bags, too. They are bigger than the ones the supermarkets sell and advertise the library as well!)
Please Visit Our Used Book Store
Our main source of income is our Used-Book Store which is located on the lower level of the La Plata Branch Library. The store is open every Saturday that the library is open.
*The Used Book store is closed during the book bazaars.*
(Holiday weekends may cause exceptions. Please call La Plata Branch Library at 301/934-9001 to be sure). We open at 9:00 a.m. and close at 4:30 p.m.
Please attend our Book Bazaars in April and October. A huge number of used books will be on sale at clearance prices. When you come to shop, bring your donations with you!
Park in the lower driveway and we’ll provide a cart and volunteer to assist you. (We do require that your donations be in bags or boxes.)
We accept hardcover and paperback books, audiobooks on CD, Playaways, music CDs, and movies on DVD and Blu-Ray.