Support the Charles County Public Library
Thank you to our Supporters & Community Partners! Click here to see our list of donors & partners.
Your Support Makes a Difference
Supporting the Charles County Public Library makes a local and lasting impact on the Charles County community. When you donate to CCPL, you make it possible for us to provide opportunities to engage, discover, and learn through free and equal access to information, technology, and programming that connects everyone. Your donations help the library:
- Expand & Sustain Virtual Programming
- We continually evolve and expand our virtual and in-person programs, services, and outreach to provide Charles County with new opportunities for learning. Our partnerships with other libraries across Maryland and several organizations in our community allows us to present new and unique programs that teach valuable skills, expose our community to new information and subject matter, as well as providing a source of free entertainment.
- Bridge the Digital Divide in Charles County
- The library has long since been a reliable source for technology including providing computer access, WiFi and Mobile Hotspots. Especially during COVID-19 and extreme times of need, we have recognized the importance of access to technology to ensure remote learning, remote work, and connection to entertainment.
- Ensure Lifelong Literacy in the Community
- CCPL helps to teach an early love of reading, as well as provides programming and resources that encourage the pursuit of literacy among all ages.
- Broaden Physical & Digital Collections
- The library will continue to be a reliable and trustworthy source of information within Charles County. We strive to provide the community with a connection to information, an extensive collection of library materials, and digital resources and databases they would not otherwise have access to.
A donation of ANY amount helps us to:
- expand the number of various digital platforms (i.e. Zoom and Crowdcast) which allows us to provide additional virtual programming
- increase the number of Chromebooks AND unlimited data wireless hotspots that can be made available to families without connectivity
- broaden youth literacy through the addition of childhood education programs and the growth of the Summer and Winter Reading Programs
- increase the number of Hoopla digital checkouts available to the community
- and much, much more!
How can you help make a difference?
It’s easy and secure to make a donation directly to CCPL. Click here or on the Donate button at the top of this page to make a one-time or recurring donation. Your gift is tax deductible and will help us to bring lifelong learning to Charles County.
- Donate Online by making a one-time or recurring donation above.
- Donate by Mail by sending a check made out to Charles County Public Library to:
Charles County Public Library
Attn: Development Manager
2 Garrett Avenue
La Plata, MD 20646
- Donate In-Branch by visiting your local library branch and asking a staff member for a donation form.
When you support CCPL, you receive recognition as a CCPL donor on our website, in our e-newsletters, and our annual report, recognizing your contribution. Donors will receive an emailed gift acknowledgement and tax receipt from Charles County Public Library.