Support the Charles County Public Library
Thank you to our Supporters & Community Partners! Click here to see our list of donors & partners.
Help Us Celebrate Library Giving Day 2023!
Every year in April, libraries across the country call on our community to help support the spaces they love and help us bring new services and resources to our patrons. This year we’re expanding our celebration from just online to in-person too! Check out our schedule of celebration events below.
Giving is as easy as 1, 2 or 3: 1) visit one of our branches, 2) come to one of our celebration events, OR, 3) Donate by clicking the button below. Thank you for your support!
Library Giving Day Kick Off Event: CCPL Spirit Day @ Shop 53 Tattoo & Art Studio
Friday, March 31, 2023 10am – 6pm
Celebrate Library Giving Day by getting a book themed tattoo and supporting your local library! Tattoo options will be provided by Shop 53 artists and 20 percent of revenue will be donated to Charles County Public Library and used to purchase new technology for our Discovery Lab. Tattoo sessions available on a first come, first served basis.
Library Giving Day Main Event: Online Fundraising Campaign
Tuesday, April 4, 2023 All Day
Continue the celebration by making a donation to Charles County Public Library. This one-day online fundraising campaign reminds us that libraries, small and large, serve as a cornerstone for our communities. All funds raised will go to purchase new technology for our Discovery Lab. Click here to make a donation.
Library Giving Day Grand Finale: CCPL Spirit Night @ All American Steakhouse
Tuesday, April 4, 2023 6pm – 10pm
Join us for our Library Giving Day grand finale event at All American Steakhouse. Wrap up your day with us by enjoying a great dinner and supporting your local library at the same time! Ten percent of revenue from dine in, bar, and carryout sales will be donated to Charles County Public Library and used to purchase new technology for our Discovery Lab. We hope to see you there!
Your Support Makes a Difference
Supporting the Charles County Public Library makes a local and lasting impact on the Charles County community. When you donate to CCPL, you make it possible for us to provide opportunities to engage, discover, and learn through free and equal access to information, technology, and programming that connects everyone. Your donations help the library:
- Expand & Sustain Virtual Programming
- We continually evolve and expand our virtual and in-person programs, services, and outreach to provide Charles County with new opportunities for learning. Our partnerships with other libraries across Maryland and several organizations in our community allows us to present new and unique programs that teach valuable skills, expose our community to new information and subject matter, as well as providing a source of free entertainment.
- Bridge the Digital Divide in Charles County
- The library has long since been a reliable source for technology including providing computer access, WiFi and Mobile Hotspots. Especially during COVID-19 and extreme times of need, we have recognized the importance of access to technology to ensure remote learning, remote work, and connection to entertainment.
- Ensure Lifelong Literacy in the Community
- CCPL helps to teach an early love of reading, as well as provides programming and resources that encourage the pursuit of literacy among all ages.
- Broaden Physical & Digital Collections
- The library will continue to be a reliable and trustworthy source of information within Charles County. We strive to provide the community with a connection to information, an extensive collection of library materials, and digital resources and databases they would not otherwise have access to.
A donation of ANY amount helps us to:
- expand the number of various digital platforms (i.e. Zoom and Crowdcast) which allows us to provide additional virtual programming
- increase the number of Chromebooks AND unlimited data wireless hotspots that can be made available to families without connectivity
- broaden youth literacy through the addition of childhood education programs and the growth of the Summer and Winter Reading Programs
- increase the number of Hoopla digital checkouts available to the community
- and much, much more!
How can you help make a difference?
It’s easy and secure to make a donation directly to CCPL. Click here or on the Donate button at the top of this page to make a one-time or recurring donation. Your gift is tax deductible and will help us to bring lifelong learning to Charles County.
- Donate Online by making a one-time or recurring donation above.
- Donate by Mail by sending a check made out to Charles County Public Library to:
Charles County Public Library
Attn: Development Manager
2 Garrett Avenue
La Plata, MD 20646
- Donate In-Branch by visiting your local library branch and asking a staff member for a donation form.
When you support CCPL, you receive recognition as a CCPL donor on our website, in our e-newsletters, and our annual report, recognizing your contribution. Donors will receive an emailed gift acknowledgement and tax receipt from Charles County Public Library.