The Charles County Public Library (CCPL) offers commissioned notary publics at our library branches. The service is free, but a donation to the library would be appreciated. Our professional notary public services are here to make life easier. Once your documents are notarized, we will help you make any necessary copies. Please review the information below to find out how our notary service works and to identify which location this service is available.
Be sure to call ahead to the branch you plan to visit for the availability of a notary. The contact numbers are listed below. Availability is not guaranteed — Notary service is dependent on staff availability.
To ensure staff availability, we strongly encourage you to make an appointment for documents that are more than 5 pages, or that have multiple signatures to notarize.
Library staff are not able to accommodate real estate based notarizations.
- Valid government-issued photo ID
- The documents you need notarized
(Some transactions and documents may require witnesses in addition to the notarization. Please note that library staff cannot act as witnesses, so please plan accordingly).
- All copies of a document that you wish to have notarized (copies and originals)
Branch Hours of Operations
- Monday – Thursday 9 a.m. – 8 p.m.
- Friday 1 p.m. – 5 p.m.
- Saturday 9 a.m. – 5 p.m.
Locations Offering Notary Services
- La Plata Branch, 2 Garrett Ave., La Plata – 301/934-9001
- P.D. Brown Memorial Branch, 50 Village Street, Waldorf – 301/645-2864
- Waldorf West Branch, 10405 O’Donnell Pl., Waldorf – 301/645-1395