Passport Services @CCPL
***Please read through this important information before making your appointment***
Planning a trip? CCPL has got you covered!
The Waldorf West branch of the Charles County Public Library is now a Passport Acceptance Facility and we are currently accepting applications by appointment. Below is everything you need to know about the process, appointment times and what you need to bring with you to ensure a seamless application process.
For application forms, full documentation requirements, fees and travel warnings, visit the U.S. Department of State Web site or call 877/487-2778.
Para obtener Informacion en Español
***The U.S. Department of State processing time for routine passport service is 10 to 13 weeks and 7 to 9 weeks for expedited service. If you need your passport sooner than 7 to 9 weeks, or for the most recent status updates, visit the U.S. Department of State Passport Service website.***
U.S. passport cards and expedited or urgent travel services are currently unavailable for applicants selecting the gender marker X option (unspecified or another gender identity.)
When can I get a passport?
Passport Appointment Times:
What do I need to apply?
**NOTE: The State Department is unable to process passport applications that are missing any of the following:**
- The applicant, including infants and children, must be present.
- Proof of citizenship – Examples:
- a birth certificate issued by the government featuring an official seal, signature, and names of both parents. Hospital certificates and photocopies are not accepted.
- a Naturalization Certificate
- a previous U.S. passport
- a Permanent Resident Card is also required for children of Naturalized parent.
(Please note: Original documents will be sent to the State Department, but will be returned to the applicant by mail.)
- Current proof of identity – Example: valid driver’s license/State ID/Government or Military ID.
- Photocopies of proof of citizenship and identification: You must submit a photocopy of your proof of citizenship, as well as the front and back of your identification. The copies can be in color or in black & white. CCPL can make photocopies of your passport documents free of charge.
- Separate payments for Department of State and Charles County Public Library fees.
- State Dept. processing fees must be paid by check or money order, ONLY, to the U.S. Department of State.
- No cash/credit will be accepted for the passport fee to the State Department.
- Library execution fees can be paid by cash, money order, or credit/debit card to Charles County Public Library.
- No checks will be accepted for the execution fee to CCPL.
- A completed, UNSIGNED application – Passport Application DS-11 must contain no cross-outs, white-out, or errors of any kind and must be completed in BLACK ink. Applications can be found HERE.
- ONE color passport photograph, two-inches square, taken within the last six months, sharp focus with a white background.
- Any previous U.S. passport book or U.S. passport card, unless it was lost or stolen. Please bring evidence in support of a name change, if applicable.
- Two parents with proof of relationship for applicants age 0-15; or a parent with a notarized consent form DS-3053 and copy of both sides of non-appearing parent’s ID. Proof includes birth certificates and adoption papers.
- For customers requesting ‘hand-carry’ service: letter of authorization and proof of travel are required.
- For children deriving citizenship through parents: parent’s naturalization certificate, child’s permanent resident card and child’s birth certificate are required. If the birth certificate is not in English, a certified English translation is required. Parents’ marriage certificate is also needed.
Other important information
- Charles County Public Library does NOT accept passport renewals via form DS-82. Persons eligible to use this form can mail it in themselves.
- Additional information and estimated processing times are available from the Department of State.
Where do I get a passport photo?
The following businesses offer passport photo services:
- FedEx Office Print & Ship Center
- UPS Store
*The library does not offer passport photo services.
How much will it cost to get my passport?
Please bring a check (no starter checks) or money order written to the U.S. Department of State for the state fee. For the library fee, Charles County Public Library accepts money orders, cash or credit/debit cards. No checks will be accepted for the execution fee to CCPL and no cash/credit will be accepted for the passport fee to the State Department.
Make check/money order payable to the Department of State
|Item||Cost||Estimated Processing Time|
|Passport Book & Card – age 16+||$160||10 to 13 weeks|
|Passport Book & Card – age 15 and younger||$115||10 to 13 weeks|
|Passport Book – age 16+||$130||10 to 13 weeks|
|Passport Book – age 15 and younger||$100||10 to 13 weeks|
|Passport Card – 16+||$30||10 to 13 weeks|
|Passport Card – age 15 and younger||$15||10 to 13 weeks|
|Expedited Service||$60||7 to 9 weeks|
|1-2 Day Delivery (of completed passport)||$19.53|
Charles County Public Library Fees
Make money order payable to Charles County Public Library. Credit/debit or cash will also be accepted.
|Product-Book and Card||Cost|
ALL FEES ARE NON-REFUNDABLE
Please note that Execution Fees are the same at all Passport Acceptance Facilities.
Please visit the U.S. Department of State Passport and International Travel website for further information on applying for a passport.
What if I have an emergency and need to travel within 72 hours?
Go to the travel.state.gov Web site for details on emergency/urgent travel passport services.
What if I need to renew my passport?
Passport renewals will not be processed by CCPL staff. Most renewals are available by mail. Please check your renewal eligibility HERE.