From biographies to testing and career guidance, there is a Library database or website to help you! For the full list click here.
- Brainfuse - Online homework help every day from 2 - 11 pm with your library card.
- Biography Reference Bank - information on over 500,000 people and more than 36,000 images
- Lynda - Leading online learning platform covering business, technology and creative skills.
- Newspaper Archive - millions of newspaper pages from around the world from 1753 to present (due to restrictions for licensing, this database is only available in the library)
- World Book Online - the premier general encyclopedia and reference resource
- Literary Reference Center - a collection of literary criticism and reference information
- 360 Degrees of Financial Literacy - “360 Degrees of Financial literacy is a national volunteer effort of the nation's Certified Public Accountants to help Americans understand their personal finances and develop money management skills."
Government & Politics
- Constitute - Subtitled "The World's Constitutions to Read, Search, and Compare", this site provides constitutions in force as of September 2013 from most of the world's independent states.
- Open States - Open States is a collection of tools that make it possible for citizens to track what is happening in their state's capitol by aggregating information from all 50 states, Washington, D.C., and Puerto Rico.
- American Memory - Search through over 7 million online documents and images made available from the Library of Congress.
- Best of History Websites - With links to over 1200 history-related web sites.
- National History Day
- Smithsonian's History Explorer - History Explorer's resources focus on learning history by "reading" objects for the stories they hold about the nation and its many peoples. Learning activities feature artifacts selected from over 3 million items in the Museum's collections, and draw on the expertise of the Museum's renowned curatorial staff.
- US Army Center of Military History - The Center of Military History accurately collects, preserves, interprets, and expresses the Army's history and material culture to more broadly educate and develop our force, the military profession, and the nation.
- Historical Society of Charles County - Local History
- Southern Maryland Studies Center - Local History
- Internet Public Library - Science Fair Project Resource Guide
- Kids.gov - Brought to you by USA.gov, Kids.gov is the official kids' portal for the U.S. government. We link kids, parents and teachers to information and services on the web from government agencies, schools, and educational organizations, all geared to the learning level and interest of kids.
- Science Buddies - Looking for inspiration for a science fair project? Science Buddies has over 1,150 Project Ideas in all areas of science. The Topic Selection Wizard tool can help you find a project you will enjoy.